Frequency Healing: Your Calming Evening Ritual
While it is just now gaining scientific credibility, at least regarding some aspects of the prominent effects of sound and frequency on the human body and mind, the concept of frequency healing has been around for generations and has been considered a pillar of human society.
From Gregorian chants to life-giving music therapy for psychiatric patients, the healing elements of music, sound and frequencies will continue to play a significant role in healing.
- The Evolution of Frequency Healing
- Why Music-based Therapies are Gaining Popularity
- Ways to Weave Frequency Healing into Your Evening Ritual
- Innovation and Research: Breakthroughs in Frequency Healing
- Calming Evening Routines: The Allure of Frequency Healing
- The Bottom Line
The Evolution of Frequency Healing
For hundreds of years, scientists have been aware of the effects of certain types of sounds on the human body. For instance, scientific study has demonstrated that even inaudible high-frequency sounds can have an effect on human brain activity.
In addition, holistic healers have noted that various frequencies of sound can impact the human consciousness and even induce an altered consciousness, as seen by certain trance states elicited by shamanic chanting and drumming. Such shamanic drumming vibrations speak to the power of channeling sound frequencies to guide altered states of mind. Since ancient times, specific “Solfeggio” frequencies have been associated with the creation of sacred music (including meditation music) believed to promote healing.
Even as far back as ancient Greece, healing and music have been connected to both theology and medicine through the concept of the god, Apollo.
Today, frequency healing can be achieved through a variety of methods, from listening to recordings of numerous binaural frequencies to taking part in vibrational-acoustic therapies.
Why Music-based Therapy is Gaining Popularity
We know rolling ocean waves and the low rumble of a distant thunderstorm have been known to put a person to sleep, but have you ever wondered why these sounds are so calming?
The calming nature of certain sounds and frequencies is due partly to the brain interpreting these sounds as 'non-threats,' and we can use them to reduce the cacophony of more alarming noises. While a sharp sound can unceremoniously jolt you out of a deep sleep, the repeated pattering of raindrops in a calm forest will exist softly in the background, allowing you to transition from deep sleep to light sleep and then ultimately awaken in a peaceful manner.
Incorporating music-based therapy and frequency healing into your evening routine is a wonderful way to practice self-compassion. There are various deep benefits of doing this, including drastically improving your ability to self-reflect, learn from your mistakes, and ultimately accomplish your goals. Not only is frequency healing helpful for consistently adopting an attitude of self-compassion, it promotes many positive physical effects.
Some other benefits of music therapy include:
- Lowers stress
- Decreases mood swings
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Lowers risk for coronary artery disease and stroke
- Improves sleep
Ways to Weave Frequency Healing into Your Evening Ritual
After a long day, breathing calmly and feeling gratitude helps one to recalibrate and adjust to a new phase - nighttime.
Many thoughts seemingly swirl in our subconscious, and further thinking often exacerbates cycles of anxiety. Frequency healing poses a way to break a way from rigid thought loops. When we can expect and embrace failure as a natural part of your journey, we can grow from our experiences instead of overly criticizing or isolating ourselves.
Especially during the evening, incorporating healing frequencies, such as commonly known Solfeggio frequencies, can aid in recognizing our failures and letting them float away. So be considerate to yourself and take concerted action to treat yourself with the compassion you deserve. Doing so will go far in providing a powerful source of emotional strength and resilience to handle any situation that life throws your way.
When you are winding down and enjoying a relaxing evening, consider incorporating frequency healing into your evening with these notable Solfeggio frequencies that are said to be optimal for nighttime and the energies and thoughts you may experience.
- 174 Hz: reduction of pain and stress - one of the Solfeggio frequencies, 174 Hz comprises a set of tones used in sacred music, believed in alternative medicine to have various benefits for human health. We often associate 174 hertz with the reduction of both pain and stress.
- 285 Hz: healing injuries - another one of the Solfeggio frequencies, 285 Hz may support the healing of cuts, burns, and other physical wounds. It is said that 285 hertz sound activates the body into cellular regeneration, encouraging it to heal itself.
- 432 Hz: feelings of peace and wellbeing - it is no surprise that a variety of ancient musical instruments were designed for 432 Hz tuning. Notably, before the mid-20th century, 432 Hz was the gold standard of instrumental tuning, though since then 440 Hz tuning has become the norm. The 432 Hz frequency, which resonates with the Schumann Resonance of 8 Hz, is known for its deeply calming and soothing effects that promote sleep. In fact, a recent double-blind study conducted in Italy revealed that music tuned to 432 Hz slows down the heart rate when compared to 440 Hz. Overally, this frequency is said to fill the mind with feelings of peace and well-being, making it a perfect option for yoga, gentle exercise, meditation, or sleep.
- 528 Hz: immune system and bodily repair - while the science on the reparative effects of 528 Hz is still unproven, early research has indicated that this particular frequency may have the ability to heal and repair the body in profound ways (more on this particular frequency research later!)
- 852 Hz: alleviation of negative thoughts - 852 Hz frequency healing is a tone that is associated with redirecting the mind away from overthinking, intrusive thoughts, and negative thought patterns. These patterns of thought play a larger role in depression and anxiety. Exposure to this sound frequency can help alleviate the role of negative thoughts in these psychological ailments.
Innovation and Research: Breakthroughs in Frequency Healing
So, what is special about 528 Hz and why are scientists interested in this frequency that is said to promote a positive immune system and bodily repair?
A 2018 study from Japan claims that music tuned to the frequency of 528 Hz significantly reduced stress in both the endocrine and autonomic nervous systems after only five minutes of listening. Further, in a study published in the Journal of Addiction Research & Therapy, the frequency of 528 Hz reduced the toxic effects of ethanol in cells; even more noteworthy was that this frequency also demonstrated the ability to increase cell life by about 20-percent.
Do these results add up? From a biological and chemical perspective, the body is composed of a complex amalgamation of atoms, molecules, cells, organs, and organ systems. Our physical bodies are also responsive to both chemical impulses and electrical impulses that can be measured. For instance, electroencephalography (EEG) focuses on measuring the electrical impulses of the brain while electrocardiography (ECG) measures the electrical activity of the heart. When understanding the different electromagnetic fields in the body, we can now turn to Magnetic Resonance Imaging, commonly referred to as MRI.
While these studies are still in their infancy, the results have been promising and positive, especially when considering the rise of frequency healing in the daily rituals of many people across the world. Put simply, the relaxing and healing effects of music set to 528 Hz make it ideal background music any time you feel tired from a long day or simply feel the desire to unwind.
Calming Evening Routines: The Allure of Frequency Healing
Incorporating frequency healing into your self-care routine can improve your daily life in a wide variety of ways and help you to find pleasure. Here are some of the ways sound frequency healing can benefit your health:
- Reduction of stress - Listening to higher frequency audio tapes can mollify a listener with a tranquil peace and reduce feelings of frustration and stress that commonly build up throughout a day of work. Stress reduction associated with frequency is enhanced when used in unison with various forms of meditation and other meditative practices.
- Spiritual development - Many frequencies of sound are thought to contribute to enlightenment and the awakening of parts of one’s consciousness associated with spirituality. These frequencies can be paired with other evening rituals, such as the usage of healing crystals, to develop deeper spiritual practices.
- Emotional catharsis - Listening to powerful music as a form of frequency healing can stimulate numerous strong emotional responses, which can then create positive changes in body chemistry and help to balance one’s psyche at the end of a long day. For people who otherwise have a difficult time tapping into their emotional sides, frequency healing can help dissolve elusive blockages.
- Improved sleep - Many variations of frequency healing can be used to promote a good night’s sleep, especially in environments that are ripe with low-frequency ambient noise that contributes to auditory distress. High-frequency white noise is often cited as providing a tranquil experiential backdrop to contend with lower frequency noises and promote optimal sleep hygiene.
- Freedom from headaches - Frequency healing has been said to help reduce the symptoms of chronic headaches or migraines for those who suffer them. Not only does frequency healing help individuals with pain management in response to a migraine, consistent practicing frequency healing may lead to fewer migraines throughout the course of a month.
The Bottom Line
Even if you’re a person who adheres to traditional Western medical practices, there is no harm in adding a frequency healing regimen to your current meditation practices to see if you notice any tangible effects on your psychological and physical well-being. Who knows? You might come across a form of therapy that positively impacts the rest of your life.
At Empress Teas, we are here to help. We believe in the power of community and the importance of learning from each other. Exploring frequency healing, discovering new positive rituals, and finding a sense of purpose within our community are ways to support a deeply meaningful lifestyle. Treat yourself to the daily rituals you deserve: sit, sip, and self-reflect.
- Relieving Anxiety with Simple Daily Rituals
- Why You Should Introduce Meditation into Your Life
- Cannabidiol Relief: Helping with Anxiety and Sleep
- Healing Crystals: A Popular Ritual
- Ritual Blend Teas: Why People Love the Tradition
- Ritual Blend Teas: Ways to Create an Indulgent Evening
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published